The Architectural Photography Awards 2018, sponsored by Sto and Dornbracht, has revealed its 20 shortlisted photographs. The Architectural Photography Awards highlights the expertise of architectural photography and aims to focus on the skill and creativity of the photographer. Introducing two new categories - Mobile and Portfolio to the original Exterior, Interior, Sense of Place and Buildings in Use categories, has contributed to a record number of budding and professional photographers participating. Entries have been across 47 countries; the top 4 are 28% UK, 20% USA. 6% Germany, 5% China.
The 20 shortlisted images have been selected by an international panel of judges from four main categories - Exteriors, Interiors, Sense of Place and Buildings in Use.
The 20 photographs will be exhibited at WAF in Amsterdam from 28th-30th November where visitors to the Festival can cast their vote for the overall winner of the 4 main categories. The overall winner will be announced during the WAF Gala Dinner on Friday 30th November along with the winners of the pre-judged Portfolio and Mobile categories.
James Timberlake, FAIA Partner from US based architectural firm, Kieran Timberlake and one of the judges on this year’s panel said: "I’ve had so much fun, and so enjoyed, looking at these images and soaking them in - some incredible work." The overall winner of the 4 main categories will receive a cash prize of $3000; the Portfolio category prize is $1000 and the Mobile category will have 2 winners - the public’s choice and the judges’ choice each receiving a prize of $250. Our panel comprises architectural and photography professionals including those in positions to commission photography:
- James Timberlake, FAIA Partner, KieranTimberlake
- Amy Croft, Curator, Sto Werkstatt
- Katy Harris, Head of Communications, Foster + Partners
- Richard Bryant, Hon. FRIBA and architectural photographer
- Terrence Zhang winner of The Architectural Photography Awards 2017
- Roy Meiklejon, BIPP Ambassador and Account Director, AIM Risk Services
- Alan Capel, Head of Content, Alamy
- Paul Mottram, Co-Founder of Line & Light
- Rainer Sladek, Designligna, Bureau for Visual Communication and Interior Design
- Sandra Barclay & Jean Pierre Crousse, Founders of Barclay & Crousse Architecture
- Kimberly Hoang, Picture Editor at The Guardian
- Sven Ullrich, Head of Global Marketing, Dornbracht Group
Public voting is still open for the Mobile category until 12pm Friday 30th November.
For more information visit www.archphotoawards.com