The Roundhouse, a magnificent Grade 2 listed building reopened this month in Camden, London. This prominent round-shaped building was built in 1846 as a railway turning shed. Later, serving as a gin warehouse and a venue for rock concerts, it was purchased by the Norman Trust and transformed into a new performance and creative center. The former engine hall was refurbished and equipped suitable as a performance space for a diverse range of events, and the vaulted undercrofts was reinvented into a creative center for young people. A curved wing which provides support facilities, and a studio theatre connected to the original building by a glazed gallery space were newly constructed with the care to restore original features of the building. 2006 RIBA Stirling Awards will be held here later this year.