WAN Business Information subscribers shortlisted for Barangaroo Competition
The shortlist has been announced for the masterplanning of Barangaroo Central in Sydney, Australia and four of the five big-name architecture firms are signed up to WAN’s Business Information Service where the competition was advertised.
Located on the western edge of Sydney’s Central Business District, Barangaroo is an ongoing development which looks to enliven the waterfront and create a buzzing new attraction for local residents and tourists, enhancing the area’s economy.
The Barangaroo Central project is a long-term scheme which will link Headland Park to Barangaroo South Financial Hub. Organisers had a fantastic response to the competition brief, with international firms entering from over ten countries.
The shortlist is as follows:
1. BIG - Bjarke Ingels Group (Danish firm with office in New York) and Hassell (Aust representation)
2. Woods Bagot (Aust representation), Scape NYC (USA)
3. UN Studio (Dutch), LAB architecture studio (Aust), NH Architecture (Aust), Imelk (USA)
4. Sasaki Associates (USA), Diller Scofidio Renfro (USA); Jackson Teece (Aust)
5. SOM - Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (USA) + Andersen Hunter Horne (Aust)
A winner will be selected by the competition jury in mid-December 2012 with detailed masterplanning work to start at the beginning of 2013.
Speaking on the shortlist announcement, John Tabart, CEO, Barangaroo Delivery Authority said: “The desire for a world class master planning team for Barangaroo Central is one step closer with five teams shortlisted to the next stage of the selection and evaluation process. We received a range of extremely high calibre submissions from renowned international firms, supported by Australian involvement, reinforcing the global interest in Barangaroo.”
Click here to view today's tenders.