Campus M achieves BREEAM Excellent rating
Campus M Business Park in Munich has achieved a BREEAM Excellent rating and is the third building from developer AIG/Lincoln to be assessed and rated under BREEAM.
The development is part of the Am Moosfeld Business Park, a high profile office and technology park in the eastern district of Munich, approximately 4 km from the city centre. Campus M consists of four buildings, BT 1 to BT4, together with multi-storey parking making a total rentable area of 18,500 m².
David Lawrence, European Director for Construction and Development at AIG/Lincoln said: “We are particularly pleased with our BREEAM rating and Campus M proves that achieving Excellent does not mean additional cost. A high priority was given to bringing all parties involved in the sustainability brief together early – the earlier everyone understands the process, the more cost and time effective green construction is.”
Paul Gibbon, Director of Sustainability at BRE Global said: "Campus M is an exciting development and delivers an important message to investors, developers and the industry as a whole that with good design achieving a BREEAM Excellent rating does not cost extra. BREEAM also means a better environment for occupants and a good return on investment. Initial results from a study being carried out by BRE Global, the Investment Property Databank (IPD), Maastricht University and the RICS show that a BREEAM rating has a positive impact on the rental income of a building. The impact on market value would be even more significant. This is a really important message in the current economic climate."
The development scored particularly well in the Management (88.89%), Health & Wellbeing (84.62%) and Energy & Transport (83.33%) sections of BREEAM. Key features of the development are :
- The building is entirely naturally ventilated with high frequency lighting and high levels of natural daylight, with workstations at most 7 metres from a window
- Low energy usage meeting the requirements of the German energy saving regulations EnEV2004
- Excellent public transport links and extensive cyclist facilities and showers
- Storage areas for recyclable waste in the basement
- Highly efficient gas condensing boilers providing the space heating
- Re-use of an existing site which involved the specialist disposal of contaminated material
This is the third BREEAM-rated project for AIG/Lincoln, the others being the Quadrum office building in Budapest and the Alfa Business Park in Milan. Further information on BREEAM can be found at www.breeam.org