Kerry Parkside, Shanghai, China
Thursday 03 Jan 2013
Creating a building that speaks to its sense of place, while commanding architectural attention in the hustle and bustle of Shanghai is no easy feat. However Kerry Parkside, Shanghai's newest mixed use development does just that.
Located in the heart of district Pudong, Kerry Parkside is the first development of its kind in the area, which is surrounded by upscale communities and lush green spaces.
Woods Bagot has created a community family lifestyle mall with a strong branding concept that includes the follwoing elements:
- ‘elegant loft'
- Inspire from the surrounding fabric Convention Centre and old historic Pudong district
- Transform the warehouse styles into ‘elegant loft' retail concept
- "Loft" lifestyle environment with warmth, intimacy, people-orientated, rich texture, harmony - very different design/ style from other typical malls
- Strong and unique interior identify which attract remote customers to this destination mall
- The first large scale retail mall in the area with warmness and intimacy, provide daily necessity and exclusive dining experience to the community Loop interiors with a central courtyard - community-orientated
- Creating a central courtyard on ground floor to allow outdoor dining and event space.
- Surrounded by retail stores and components, central courtyard as the focus point for the mall, fuse in the atmosphere in the retail mall inside and extend to the
- Loop interior allows close integration of the interiors and the exteriors, the retail and the customers, the mall and the community.