We're awarding 13 categories, divided into two distinct sections: Interior Projects and Products. If you think your designs have what it takes to make the shortlist, we're searching for the most innovative and groundbreaking design solutions in the following categories:
- Residential interiors - from single-use homes to multi-occupancy residencies, private houses including country houses, chateaux, castles and apartments
- Workspace interiors - including offices, studios, call centres, factories and banks. The Awards will be judged in two sub categories: Workspace interior projects less than 10,000 square metres will be judged separately to those greater than 10,000 sq. m.
- Retail interiors - including retail outlets, shopping centres, stores, showrooms and pop-ups. The Awards will be judged in two sub categories: Retail interior projects less than 200 sq. m. will be judged separately to those greater than 200 sq. m.
- Restaurants - fine dining, multiple restaurants, cafés, canteens, pop-ups or fast food outlets and street food. Restaurants in a hotel, retail or transport space.
- Bars - stand alone bars, nightclubs and members' clubs, multiple bars or pubs. Bars in a hotel, retail or transport space.
- Hotels - new build, conversion, restoration and refurbishment projects
- Leisure or entertainment venues - theatres, concert halls, spas, health clubs, gyms, salons, cinemas, stadiums and sports centres
- Museum or exhibition spaces - museums, galleries, temporary and permanent exhibitions
- Public sector - schemes for civic, transport, education or healthcare projects, hospitals, schools, colleges and universities, spiritual centres, libraries, parliamentary buildings and embassies
- Lighting Projects - ranging from small cafes, shops, interior and exterior installations, through to major retail developments, public buildings, residential projects, hotels and workplace lighting.
- Lighting Products - interior luminaires, lamps and exterior lighting products
- Furniture - public, leisure, domestic or office furniture - designed for public areas in both public and private sector including outdoor furniture, chairs, tables, cabinets, desks, stools, sofas
- Interior accessories - including wall and floor coverings, decorative objects, sanitary ware etc.
Architects, designers, developers, contractors, clients and associated organisations on behalf of architects and designers from around the world are all invited to compete. The condition for taking part is that projects entered have been completed on or after 1st January 2011. There is no limit on the number of projects that can be submitted. Projects can also be submitted in more than one category where relevant. Judging will take place in July 2014. Shortlisted entrants will be notified and announced week commencing 05 August 2014.
Projects: The jury will judge entries on a number of factors including originality, innovation, form
and special quality, sustainability and context, but the following two areas will carry the most
- How the design has addressed key elements of the client brief.
- How the design has used an innovative approach to integrate and enhance its context within its environment / community.
Products: The judges will be looking for designs that are helping to shape the future of interior design, whilst keeping within the boundaries of commercial viability and sustainability. Another key factor will be the quality of the presentation; how the architect or designer conveys his or her ideas to the panel.
A long list of entries will initially be selected after the closing date. Further details of these projects will then be requested, including plans, sections, elevations and more technical information. From the long list, a shortlist will be selected before an overall winner is chosen.
The closing date for the WAN Interiors Design Awards is 06 June 2014
Part of World Architecture News, the global resource for architecture
© World Architecture News 2013
Registered office Brighton Media Centre, Suite 103, 15-17 Middle Street, Brighton, UK, BN1 1AL.
Registered in England number 4476064