SEARCH IN BRIEF

 
Chipperfield’s expansion of St. Louis Art Museum to open 29 June

David Chipperfield has designed a new 82,452 sq ft glass pavilion at the St. Louis Art Museum that expands the gallery and public space at the museum by 30% while adding parking for 300 cars and a new accessible entrance.

Constructed of polished concrete with aggregates from the local Missouri River, the East Building, as the structure is known, takes advantage of its spectacular site in Forest Park to which it is connected with a new landscape designed by the French landscape architect Michel Desvigne.

The new wing is connected by a grand staircase to the Museum’s main building, a stately neoclassical building designed by the American architect Cass Gilbert, of Woolworth fame, for the 1904 World’s Fair. The East Wing will open on 29 June with an inaugural exhibition on Post War German Art, a strength of the Museum’s holdings.

IN BRIEF
Friday 31 May 2013
Willem van Genugten appointed Associate Director at (Designed by) Erick van Egeraat BV
Fri 18 Jul 2014
Nine employees at Pringle Brandon Perkins+Will promoted to Associate Principal level
Fri 18 Jul 2014
Aurecon has announced two major appointments in its South African division
Fri 18 Jul 2014
AECOM acquires URS Corporation
Wed 16 Jul 2014
OVA Studio releases HIVE-INN CITY FARM
Tue 15 Jul 2014
Call for entries: DAM Architectural Book Award
Thu 10 Jul 2014
Peter Zumthor changes LACMA plans
Wed 09 Jul 2014
Call for entries: Phyllis Lambert Design Montréal Grant
Tue 08 Jul 2014