Five finalists have been selected to take part in the second stage of an international competition for a new service building in Taiwan’s port city of Keelung. WAN’s Business Information Service advertised the competition several months ago and two of the five shortlisted teams are WAN Business Information subscribers. Spreading over 82,615 sq m of space, the service building is to improve the quality of services for passengers and cargo. The deadline for the second round of entries is this September.
The shortlisted practices are as follows:
• Neil M. Denari Architects, Inc. (USA)
• Platform for Architecture + Research (USA) and Series et Series (France)
• QUEBEC INC / Alain Allard (Canada)
• Mecanoo Architecten (The Netherlands)
• Asymptote Architecture (USA) and Artech Architects (R.O.C.)