Nominations are being invited for the title of World Architect 2012. A winner will be selected by a special poll of the WAN jury panel and announced at World Architecture Day London on 01 October.
Some of the factors (not ranked) that the jury will consider are listed below.
• Humanity - where the architect has, through his designs, enhanced the human experience within a building typology
• Inspiration - where the architect has inspired others in the profession
• Innovation - where the architect has shown consistent innovation in his or her work or moved a typology forward through innovative design
• Public Image - where the architect has been effective at engaging a city’s population or community by portraying architecture in a positive light
• Sustainability - where the architect has embraced sustainability in every aspect of his work (projects and practice)
• Value - where the architect has increased the value of a project for his or her client through the high quality of design
• Passion - where the architect manages to convey a deep sense of meaning through his/her work
• Quality - where the architect has consistently created buildings of high quality internationally
Please send your nomination and reason why he or she should be awarded the title to WA@wantoday.com or by Twitter at #worldarchitect … you may be asked for further information at a later date in support of your nomination.