Walt Disney World to undergo largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history
The world’s favourite theme park is to undergo the biggest expansion in its thirty year history. Walt Disney World Resort is to double the size of Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom, Florida, in a series of phases beginning in late 2012.
The epitome of escapism for children young and old, Magic Kingdom was the original theme park of the entire Walt Disney World Resort, now statistically the world's largest and most visited recreational resort in the world. Details of the expansion are as follows:
• Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid: brand new fantasy attraction where visitors can travel with Ariel and her friends through their adventures above and below the waves
• Be Our Guest Restaurant: elaborate castle straight from the tale of Beauty and the Beast, accessed via an old stone bridge from the Under the Sea attraction. The lavish restaurant is comprised of an elegant ballroom, gallery, and mysterious ‘West Wing’, with seating for 550 diners. In nearby Belle's Village, guests will find the rousing Gaston’s Tavern and Bonjour! Village Gifts
• Enchanted Tales with Belle: on the outskirts of the village is Belle’s cottage, featuring Maurice’s workshop where a magical mirror acts as a doorway to a new kind of storytelling experience. Guests are soon transported to the Beast’s library where characters from the film continue the storytelling in a lively, interactive experience
• The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: an action-packed ride where a train of vehicles swing back and forth along a wildly snaking track, accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs
• Princess Fairytale Hall: a new home for Cinderella, Aurora and other Disney princesses, centred on an elegant court which replaces the existing ‘Snow White’s Scary Adventures’ attraction