Nieberg Architect complete the villa in Hamburg
The original villa was built in 1906, in the Elbchaussee district. The concept interprets the top level as an individual element of this villa and is separated from the existing facade therefore having its own theme. A horizontal glass front, framed by joists of architectural concrete, encases the top level. The interior is characterised by fluent spaces and different views. The functional areas, such as the storage, utility and pantry room, are freely positioned cubes in the room, zoning in on the individual spaces. The interior impresses by using simple materials and the walls and ceilings are painted matt white which focuses the attention to the wooden floor.