Oberlanders Architects gain planning permission
Oberlanders Architects have recently gained planning consent for a development of 17 flats in the Grange conservation area on the site of the old Scottish Natural Heritage HQ building.
From 1950 up until last year, the site was occupied by Scottish Natural Heritage who has now vacated the site to move to its new award winning headquarters building, Great Glen House in Inverness.
The large private house that Scottish Natural Heritage bought in 1950 had been built in 1854 as the family home. Oberlanders Architects’ proposal includes the conversion of this original house into four large apartments whilst retaining as much as possible of the original features and internal spatial relationships. A 1960s office wing on the site is due to be demolished and replaced by a new block containing 12 apartments for sale. A new mews house replaces the existing garage.
With the planning application in place, Scottish Natural Heritage intends to put the property on the market and pass it on to a suitable developer.