Housed in a building since the 1930’s the Casino Eslava Association recive a welcome makeover.
The “Casino Eslava Association”, founded in 1884, has been housed in a building situated in the the main square in Pamplona, since the 1930’s. The original project and its subsequent execution were carried out by the well-known local architect Victor Eusa.
The functional structure of the floor type is clear. It is divided lengthways into two defined areas: the service area is out of sight from the main square, and the space allocated to the main rooms is exempt from intermediary pillars and has a large opening in the main façade as its main feature. To overcome the vertical fragmentation of the space imposed by the site, the stairway becomes the focal point of the project. Its size, form and physical characteristics manifest an integrated dynamism that seems to want to rebel.
The fundamental objective of the project is to revive the essence of the original structure and conceptually to transform the interior into a walk through a moving landscape. The poor general state of the building forced a complete refurbishment to be undertaken and the reconstruction aims to recover the bright and fluid luminosity present in Eusa’s original project.