A centre for New Zealand businesses to expand in one of the biggest growing markets in the world
By the end of 2008 New Zealand Trade and Enterprise will open New Zealand Central in Shanghai, a multi-functional centre in a prestigious location on the edge of Xintiandi; the cosmopolitan hub of central Shanghai, centrally positioned near tourist and business centres.
Warren and Mahoney is the interior designer working alongside both Coffey Projects (project managers) and Story Inc (exhibition designers). The project will provide a place for New Zealand exporters and businesses already working in Shanghai to expand and do business in one of the biggest growing markets in the world. While mainly a business-to-business facility, the centre will also be utilised for key New Zealand events.
The design concept contains an array of New Zealand national materials and designs. The interior will combine a palate of premium New Zealand materials – timber, volcanic stone, wool and leather. It will showcase furniture, lighting and artwork by some of New Zealand’s leading design talents. Interactive presentations will expand on the New Zealand story. Technology integrated into the design will support the functional requirements of the centre.
The facility itself will provide:
• meeting rooms (formal and informal)
• spaces to hold events/seminars/conferences, showcase products and services and host silver service dining for up to 60 people
• ‘Koru’ style business lounge for casual meetings with full catering
• demonstration kitchen to showcase NZ food and wine
• hot desks and utility areas
• shower facilities suitable for business people arriving straight from early morning flights.