Woods Bagot along with the interiors by Hecker Phelan and Guthrie help give Sydney something new
Unlike anything Sydney has ever seen, The Ivy, with a distinct 1950’s glam, offers a dazzling constellation of bars, dining facilities, shops, lounge areas and lifestyle indulgences. It’s a night out, a meeting place, function venue, an escape from reality.
Located in the heart of Sydney’s tight urban fabric of George Street, the 20,000 m2 building offers a public landscaped oasis within a predominantly commercial domain.
The integrated precinct comprises:
- nine boutique retail spaces, which utilises a central alley way
- six bars, two of which offer extensive outdoor spaces
- three specialist restaurants including a New York style grill with a Peter Doyle designed menu
- a specialist venue dedicated to live music performances
- an ulitmate function room which can hold 1000 people on one level. It also includes state of the art audio visual facilities and internet technology
- a two level office facility exclusively for the Merivale Group
- two 500 m2 penthouses
- a lifestyle complex comprising of a pool club and a day spa.
Woods Bagot formed collaboration with Merivale, Cornwell Design, Hecker Phelan and Guthrie for all components of the design. A highly integrated outcome of architectural interiors, signage and hospitality