Urban Designer – Abu Dhabi, UAE
My client an international architectural practice with a long standing reputation of delivering creative and innovative designs has an exciting opportunity for a Urban Designer to join their expanding team in Abu Dhabi.
Key duties include:
· Ensuring timely delivery of quality designs by using creativity & artistic talent, through the application of oral, graphic and written communication skills.
· Preparing conceptual master planning/urban design for internal valuation processes.
· Preparing design briefs, scope of work, Request for Proposal (RFP) documents for master planning consultants.
· Reviewing and ensuring compliance of master plans with all applicable quality norms.
· Working closely and effectively with the Development Department and other divisions within Design Department to ensure that developed master plans are both financially and technically feasible.
· Managing relationships with regulatory/ compliance authorities for master planning and development control.
· Ensuring that master plans, landscape designs are completed according to time and budget.
· Ability to work both independently and within a team environment with a solid understanding of other design disciplines such as architecture, landscape architecture and engineering.
A minimum of 3-4 years overall experience is essential. . Experience of large-scale masterplans - preferably in the Middle East and good understanding of urban design principles. Good CAD, In-design, and Sketch-up skills. Excellent communication skills in English are essential.
Candidates must hold a Degree within an architectural related subject, as well as a recognised urban design qualification.
Salary: 25k AED p/m ($6,800 p/m)