Design Director - Dubai
My client an international design firm with a well-established presence in the UAE has an exciting opportunity for a Design Director to join their team. This company has been responsible for a number of prestigious masterplanning, hotel, residential and commercial developments in the Middle East and is proactively growing their Middle East operations.
You would report into the Director and have responsibility for developing strong client relationships, the Architectural profile of the company, solutions for masterplanning, residential, hotel and commercial projects as well as ensuring technical and design excellence within the Dubai office.
- Manage an existing team of design and site based architectural staff
- Attract, develop and retain new staff
- Active involvement in business development and marketing of the architectural division
- In conjunction with the Directors, work at a strategic level to grow and develop the business multi-functionally
- Active involvement in design projects from both a conceptual and detailed perspective
- Provide leadership and direction with relation to design and project delivery
- Develop and manage client relationships
- Build and maintain strong relationship with the international design teams
You must have 15+ years’ experience including previous Middle East experience, have a degree in Architecture and ideally be RIBA / RIAI / RAIA / AIA qualified. Previous experience of managing an architectural department, ideally in the UAE as well as flair for design and a strong commercial sense are required. A proven ability to build and develop successful client relationships and architectural teams are essential.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to work as part of an ambitious, innovative and international company.
Salary: £130-150k per year tax free.