Atkins encompasses an international community of 650 architects within one of the world’s largest design firms in dynamic locations as diverse as London, Dubai and Shanghai. Together, we share a passion for delivering excellence in design, offering talented individuals the opportunity to work on innovative projects.
Our studios function as nurturing environments where professional design teams enjoy lively and rewarding interaction in multi-disciplinary settings of the highest international standards.
The Atkins Dubai office is currently looking for Design architects to join our team of 80+ professionals who are passionate about providing clients with distinctive, timeless designs.
Please upload a portfolio or work samples, or provide a link to a website containing your work samples in order to be considered for this position.
- B’Arch, M’Arch or B.Sc in architecture (minimum 5 to 6 years of university study).
- 8 to 12 plus years post graduate design experience preferably in large scale mixed use, hospitality, residential, office and other commercial functions.
- Registration with a professional body such as RIBA, AIA or similar preferred.
- Originates and develops creative design concepts and the design documents during the design development phase.
- Develops solutions to design problems.
- Prepare client presentations and presents design concepts and drawings.
- Regularly communicates with client representatives to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and design delivery.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff.
- Sets up project team software parameters and manages standards.
- Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
- Advanced design, visual and graphic presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the design of small to large projects to fruition.
- Possess basic hand and CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in 3D Modelling software such as 3D Studio Max, Rhino and similar an advantage.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software required.
- Proficiency in Revit required.
- Advanced knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to work in team environment and supervise others.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
If you are interested in applying please hit 'APPLY NOW' below.