Büro Ole Scheeren is an international architecture firm with a 50-person staff that practices architecture, urbanism, and research. As part of Buro-OS’ expanding portfolio of work throughout Asia and Europe, including high-rise buildings, multi-use developments, and cultural projects, our Beijing office seeks talented designers who share an enthusiasm and commitment to critical thinking, innovative design, and an investigative approach to comprehensive design.
We are a growing office looking for motivated and forward-thinking individuals to join our team. We are actively engaged in projects of varying typologies and scales including Angkasa Raya in Kuala Lumpur; DUO in Singapore; an Arts Cultural Center in Beijing; a high-rise project in Bangkok; an Artist’s Studio in Beijing; and Archipelago Cinema in various locations worldwide. For more information please visit our website: www.buro-os.com.
Please email your CV, portfolio (in PDF format less than 10mb), and position you are applying for to: email@example.com.
Senior Chinese Project Architect
We are looking for a Senior Project Architect with extensive project management experience on large-scale projects, preferably in China / Asia. Qualified candidates should have overseen the design and construction of large-scale projects at internationally renowned architectural design firms. Candidates should have experience that demonstrates the ability to lead complex projects of the highest quality and ambition, coordinate and collaborate with an extensive team of local and international consultants (including Executive/Local Architect/LDI, SMEP engineers, façade, sustainability, traffic, etc.), as well as the ability to manage, lead, and communicate with the client and consultant team.
You will be responsible for managing all design and construction phases of a large-scale project in China and potentially other Asian locations, working directly with the Partner in Charge, and will manage, guide and mentor our internal design team and coordinate all drawing sets, pro-actively direct the consultant team, and maintain regular communication and workshops with the client. The ability to collaborate, motivate, and build strong relationships with all team members is essential.
- 8 years minimum experience in international design offices
- Strong and clear communication skills and a systematic approach to overall project management and the design process
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Architecture
- Highly developed skills in team leadership and organization, client communication, project scheduling, staffing/manpower allocations, high-rise building design, technical detailing, consultant coordination, and construction documents and administration
- Knowledge and familiarity with general planning and code regulations; knowledge of Chinese codes a plus
- Enthusiasm and commitment to a high level of design in a high energy work environment
- Fluency in English; Bilingual (English/Mandarin) is required
- Strong AutoCAD, Microsoft Office/Project, and Adobe CS skills
Salary and benefits are commensurate with ability and experience. Positions are currently based in Beijing.