John Portman & Associates is an internationally recognized architectural and engineering firm with offices in Atlanta, Georgia and Shanghai, China. Established in 1953, Portman has nearly 60 years of expertise in designing hotels, universities, offices, trade marts, and mixed-use urban complexes. With a diverse team of experienced professionals, the firm provides design services in architecture, m...aster planning, programming, structural engineering, and project management around the world. John Portman & Associates designs landmark projects that enhance the environment for those who use them, while being a sound investment for those who own and operate them.
John Portman & Associates seeks an Architect /Designer with experience in all aspects of the project delivery. Candidates must have the following knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies in order to be considered:
- Professional 5-year degree in Architecture or Master degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect (preferred)
- LEED certified (preferred)
- 6 to 10 years professional experience in large scale mixed use, hospitality, residential, office and other commercial functions.
- Experience in all aspects of the architectural design from concept to construction administration.
- Knowledge of latest technologies for building designs, materials and systems, and the ability to develop and detail these systems.
- Strong people and communication skills; team player.
- The ability to work closely with project design director to develop design concept ideas by preparing plan layouts; 3D illustrations and other creative means to convey the intent of the design.
- Proficient in CAD and other presentation software as design tool and familiarity with Bentley MicroStation V8i SS3; 3D modeling/Building Information Modeling Systems (BIM) – SketchUp, 3D Studio Max; Rhino and Bentley AECOsim Building Designer SS3; VRay; Grasshopper and Bentley GenerativeComponents; In Design; Illustrator; Photoshop.
APPLY FOR THE POSITION
Include a cover letter, resume, and portfolio as 1 PDF file (limit 10MB). Portfolio should include examples of architectural drawings, renderings with some photo compositing. Indicate your precise role for each image, including the program in which the geometry was modeled, render engine used, and whether it was a group or individual effort. In addition, please copy and paste the following at the top of your email and fill out as appropriate.
Applicants should include the following format at the beginning of their email to email@example.com:
- Years of professional experience, firms where employed, and dates of employment.
- List the most recent experience first.
- List of computer visualization programs of which you have extensive working knowledge in the order of your respective experience.
- Years of modeling + rendering experience with 3D Studio Max.
- Degree(s) & Place(s) of Education.
See more at: http://careercenter.aia.org/jobs/#/detail/5741473?utm_source=34199&utm_medium=recentJobs&utm_campaign=mainLanding&utm_term=/1,false
For more information, please visit www.portmanusa.com. - See more at: http://careercenter.aia.org/jobs/#/detail/5741473?utm_source=34199&utm_medium=recentJobs&utm_campaign=mainLanding&utm_term=/1,false