Carol Coletta, of CEOs for Cities, and Damon Rich, Center for Urban Pedagogy, will keynote the first-ever conference of the Association of Architecture Organizations and the Architecture + Design Education Network, taking place in Chicago, November 5-7. The conference, whose theme is Architecture & Design as a Catalyst for Change, is for architects, design professionals, architecture centers and other built-environment organizations interested in educating the general public about architecture and design. It will be held at the Chicago Architecture Foundation, in the heart of downtown Chicago.
Session topics include:
• Initiating Dialogue about Design Excellence
• Creating Architectural Exhibitions that Engage
• Starting an Architecture Center
• Using Social Media to Attract New Audiences
• And much more
Don’t miss the special session: “A Conversation with the Critics: Imagining the Future of the City.” Panelists include:
• Jonathan Glancey, The Guardian
• Paul Goldberger, The New Yorker
• Sarah Williams Goldhagen, The New Republic
• Blair Kamin, Chicago Tribune
• Moderated by Edward Lifson, cultural critic and creator of Chicago Public Radio’s Hello Beautiful!