SEARCH IN BRIEF

 
Government withdraws funding from Denton Corker Marshall’s £27.5m Stonehenge Visitor Centre project

Plans to build new visitor facilities at the English Heritage site have been cut short today as the Government pull out of 12 architectural projects, worth £2bn. Danny Alexander, chief secretary to the Treasury, said: “As a result of the poor decisions made by the previous government, I have taken the decision to cancel certain projects that do not represent good value for money, and suspend others pending full consideration in the spending review.”

It was hoped that the long-awaited centre would be completed in time for the 2012 Olympics, but without the Government’s previously confirmed contribution of £10m, the project has been postponed until alternative funding can be attained. A statement issued by English Heritage said: “English Heritage is obviously extremely disappointed that the £10 million promised by Gordon Brown, then prime minister, in the House of Commons on May 13, 2009, will not now be forthcoming.” Click here to view more details on the Stonehenge Visitor Centre project.

IN BRIEF
Thursday 17 June 2010
Oakland A’s hire four firms to lead new ballpark design process
Fri 17 Nov 2017
Architect Jane Greenwood is Honored as an “OUT 100”
Fri 10 Nov 2017
Darling Associates furthers growth momentum with a raft of new projects
Fri 03 Nov 2017
Zaha Hadid Architects, Arcplus and Wilson Associates announce strategic alliance
Fri 03 Nov 2017
AIA|LA Announces 2017 AIA|LA Design Award, Next LA, and COTE Winners!
Thu 02 Nov 2017
David Chipperfield to create master plan for Mia
Fri 27 Oct 2017
Diamond Schmitt Architects names new principals and associates
Mon 23 Oct 2017
Applied Studio gets a fresh look from Ragged Edge
Tue 19 Sep 2017