SEARCH IN BRIEF

 
Chelsea Barracks case continues as Qatari executive allegedly deletes crucial emails

The battle between Qatari Diar and the Candy brothers over the Chelsea Barracks site continues to rage as it emerges that a Qatari executive deliberately deleted emails that would have damaged the developer’s case. Of the 24 emails deleted, it is alleged that all but five referred to Prince Charles or his personal secretary, Sir Michael Peat by name. Qatari Diar’s barrister, Joe Smouha QC, renounced claims that executive John Ward had deliberately perverted the course of justice, stating that the accusation was ‘entirely unjustified’.

CPC is suing Qatari Diar for pulling out of the Chelsea Barracks project, after the developers withdrew the application after the Prince of Wales allegedly intervened. The Candy brothers are demanding to be paid £81m for breach of contract – the money they would have received if the planning application had been passed. Lord Grabiner QC, representing CPC, said: "The court should infer that Mr Ward deliberately deleted sensitive emails in order to prevent their disclosure in these proceedings. This was a determined effort by Mr Ward to delete what he believed would damage Qatari Diar's case." The case continues.

IN BRIEF
Tuesday 15 June 2010
Casey Jones joins Perkins+Will
Thu 22 Feb 2018
David Chipperfield Architects Works 2018
Mon 05 Feb 2018
Darling Associates expands leadership
Tue 16 Jan 2018
Woods Bagot Announces New China Head
Wed 03 Jan 2018
University of Bristol appoints Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects, Hawkins\Brown, and BuroHappold for new University Library
Mon 11 Dec 2017
AIA|LA announce winners of 2017 student awards competition
Thu 23 Nov 2017
NaCSBA says Right to Build in UK holds key to delivery of quality homes
Thu 23 Nov 2017
Uber orders 24,000 driverless Volvo cars
Tue 21 Nov 2017