27 applications have entered in a competition to design the Accidents & Emergencies Building at the New Hospital and Mental Health Bispebjerg and 7 teams made it through to a final shortlist.
The DKK 1.6 billion Accidents & Emergencies Building is the largest subproject of the New Hospital and Mental Health Bispebjerg and the final seven teams will submit their design proposals for the architectural competition which will be launched in April
“We have chosen seven teams, all of which have solid and relevant references. It has not been easy to make a selection from the great collection of qualified teams because a lot of them were really skilled but we only had seven places,” says Project Manager Anne Sonnichsen from New Hospital and Mental Health Bispebjerg, who is in charge of the construction of the Accidents & Emergencies Building.
In August 2014 the seven teams will be submitting their design proposals, which will be assessed on functionality, architecture, economy, and sustainability.
The shortlisted teams are:
- AIA Associés (F) with COBE ApS (DK), LIW Planning ApS (DK), Dominia A/S (DK), Wessberg A/S (DK), Wissenberg A/S (DK), Transsolar GmbH (DE), SINTEF (N)
- Brunet-Saunier Architecture SAS (F) & PLH Arkitekter A/S (DK) with Niras A/S (DK), Artelia (F), Lyngkilde (DK), 1:1 Landskab(DK), Transsolar (F, DE, USA)
- CF Møller Danmark A/S (DK) with Terroir ApS (DK/AU), Alectia A/S (DK), Søren Jensen A/S (DK)
- COWI A/S (DK) with COWI Norge AS (N), Nordic Office and Arc (N), AART architects A/S(DK), CCO A/S (DK), Marianne Levinsen ApS (DK)
- KHR arkitekter A/S (DK), WHR Architects Europa (USA/DK) & Arup Denmark (Ove Arup & Partners Int. Lt) (UK) with Schønherr A/S (DK)
- Rafael de la-hoz arquitectos (ES), Perkins+Will Architects (USA), Dissing+Weitling architecture A/S (DK), Buro Happold Ltd. (UK/DK) & Gustafson Porter (UK)
- Schmidt Hammer Lassen architects k/s (DK) with HASSELL (UK), MJ Medical (UK), Kragh & Berglund (DK), Haskoning DHV (NL)