USC School of Architecture Los Angeles, CA USA in partnership with AIA Los Angeles
AIA CEU: 5 Learning Units for each day
• A stellar line-up of speakers!
• August 22 and 23, 2014 (pretty much all day)
• Sign up for each day separately at https://arch.usc.edu/calendar
• Registration: $45 per day
• Limited seats - register early (starting 3 July)
• As usual, there are no refunds if you do not attend (send someone else from the office instead) -
the money will donated to the expense of running the conference.
• Free BIM book each day. You must register and attend to receive your free book for that day.
Friday, 22 August: BIM GAP
Free book for registered attendees: Technical Design Series: Building Information Modeling (Routledge 2014)
BIM GAP will feature presentations about the bridging GAPs between BIM tools (analysis, scanning, construction, facilities management, and more) and also bridging the GAPs between BIM people (contractors, architects, owners, managers, subs, consultants). Discover how professionals are dealing with these gaps towards realizing the full potential of BIM.
Sponsor: Skanska USA Building Inc.
Speakers as of July 3:
• Brok Howard (HOK – SF)
• Darren Roos and Jose Sanchez (Bernards)
• Duane McLeod, David Abair, Eric Anderson (Disney)
• Elisa Dedios (AC Martin)
• Elizabeth (Liz) Chodosh (CannonDesign)
• Greg Luth and Tim Schrotenboer (GPLA)
• Kurt Kromraus, Eric Queen, and Becher Neme
(Buro Happold, Clark Construction, NEME Design Solutions)
• Kyla Kuhnlein (Graphisoft)
• Justin Di Palo (Glumac)
• Sean Doolan (Skanska - NY)
• Stephen Hagan and Kimon Onuma (Hagan Technologies LLC and ONUMA Inc.)
• Tom Weir and Daniel Seagraves (Thornton Tomasetti)
Saturday, 23 August: BIM EDGE
Free book for registered attendees: Building Information Modeling: BIM in Current and Future Practice (Wiley 2014).
Who do you call when you need BIM guidance? BIM EDGE examines potential partners in working with BIM beyond your firm’s current capabilities: BIM coordinators, consultants, modeling services, 3D scanning, others.
Speakers as of July 3:
• Becher Neme (NEME Design Solutions)
• Betty Quan (BIM Solutions)
• Chase Ronge and Ju Lee Kang (MVE Architects)
• Chris Gray and Jenny Clark (Mollenhauer Group)
• Damon Hernandez (IDEAbuilder - SF)
• Dennis Shelden (Gehry Technology)
• Jeffrey Ouellette (Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc., buildingSMART)
• Randy Walton (ANGL Consulting - Atlanta)
• Marty Doscher (Dassault Systèmes)
• Philip Lorenzo (Rithm)
• Shobhit Baadkar, Blaine Grantham, TJ Tutay (AEC Titan), Jonathan Bartling (HGA)
• Tyler Goss (CASE – SF)